Monday, August 2, 2010

Sassentoon?


Hello, and welcome to my little blog! I set this up so that I can post pictures of Germany and earlier summer escapades -- Massachusetts, South Carolina, Delaware, etc. Thanks for reading.

First, why Sassentoon, you might ask.

When I was about two or three, I decided it was time for a change, so I re-named myself Caroline Sassentoon. I also took it upon myself to change Stephanie's name to Soonie Sassentoonie. (Stephanie -- you're welcome.) Where these names came from, I haven't the faintest. Probably had something to do with my love of cartoons.

(Sassentoon days: Caroline and Soonie)

[Side note: this was five years before I changed the pronunciation of my first name from Carolyn to Caroline. That ended up being permanent, to the surprise of some. Hehe.]

Sassentoon only lasted about six months or so. Still, I took it pretty seriously at the time.

One time my great-grandfather, Poppop Romagnoli, took me for a walk up to Wilmington Christian School, where we stumbled upon a girls' basketball team practicing in the gym. (He loved that, of course.) We watched them for a while, and when they took a break, Poppop naturally started talking to them.

One of them asked me, "What's your name, little girl?" I said with a straight face, "Caroline Sassentoon." Poppop got quite a kick out of that.

Anyway, when setting up a blog you need a unique name. And, shockingly -- sassentoontravels was not taken.

Thanks again for reading -- pics soon!

4 comments:

  1. What a riot! Poppop is loving it from above! Can't wait to get all the Saaentoons together this weekend. Hopefully Soonie will get her video done in time so she can come home and bid you farewell to Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, a typo in our last name....I mean Sassentoon!

    By the way, what did Stephanie do to Eddie Ramsey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha...she "flipped him over the fence."

    ReplyDelete